Visiting Assistant Professor
Department of Mathematics
267 Korman Center
3141 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Jean-Luc received a master of engineering in applied mathematics and computer science from the french polytechnical institute in Toulouse (INP-ENSEEIHT). During his last year he was also working for T-Systems International GmbH, Darmstadt, Germany, developing artificial intelligence softwares for mobile devices. After that he was a research assistant within the department of knowledge-based mathematical systems at the Johannes Kepler university of Linz, Austria, where he completed his doctoral degree about structures and irregularities in image processing in 2012. He joined the math department at Drexel university as a postdoctoral researcher in November 2012. A more detail CV can be found here
My (short) research statement can be found here .
You can find more details in the publications or research section
- Mathematical signal and image processing together with Clifford algebra and analysis. See here for more details.
- Computer vision
- Machine learning
- Applied functional analysis
- Compressive sensing and Sparse representations. Have a look here for some info
- 03/10-12/14: I'll be presenting results using sparse representation and/or information theory for the analysis of metagenomic studies and data prediction at a NSF/DTRA workshop in Boulder, CO.
- 01/03/14: My paper entitled A generalized class of hard thresholding algorithms for sparse signal recovery has been accepted for publication in the Approximation Theory conference proceedings.
- 20-21/02/14: I'll be attending the February Fourier Talk at the University of Maryland, College Park, MD.
- 01/15-18/14: I'll be attending the Joint Math Meetings in Baltimore.
- 12/20/13: I have a new REU opportunities for Math/CS students. Look at the teaching page for more info.
- 12/15/13: New book chapter printed: Computational Systems Biology, 2nd Edition (A. Kriete and R. Eils editors)
- 12/06/13: New book published: Structures and irregularities in image processing and analysis, published by Südwestdeutscherverlag für Hochschulschriften (also on Amazon.).
- 11/21/13: I'm with Frédéric Morain-Nicolier at CReSTIC (Troyes, France) working on distance transforms and multiscale representations.
- 09/25/13: I'm giving a talk on Hard Thresholding Algorithms at Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN. (supporting paper)
- 09/23/13: I'm giving a talk on Hard Thresholding Algorithms the University of Georgia, Athens. (supporting paper)
- 07/09/13: I'm giving a talk on the Graded Hard Thresholding Pursuit algorithm for sparse signal recovery at the SIAM Annual meeting in San Diego, CA. (supporting paper)
- 06/18/13: I'm giving a talk on the Graded Hard Thresholding Pursuit algorithm for sparse signal recovery at the CAIMS Annual meeting in Quebec city, QC. (supporting paper)