Department of Mathematics
3141 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
phone: (215) 895-6612
fax: (215) 895-1582
Office: 292, Korman Center
Georgi Medvedev received Ph.D. in Mathematics from Boston University in 1999. Before coming to Drexel University in 2002, he was a Veblen Research Instructor at Princeton University and at the Institute for Advanced Study.
Dr. Medvedev teaches courses at all levels. He developed an interdisciplinary graduate course MATH 723 Mathematical Neuroscience.
He serves on the editorial board of Discrete and Continous Dynamical Systems (Series B) .
Dr. Medvedev's research interests include dynamical systems, network science, and mathematical biology. He is interested in combinatorial and stochastic aspects of network dynamics and synchronization; effects of noise on dynamics of nonlinear systems; and applications to neuroscience.
Dr. Medvedev's recent research has been sponsored by National Science Foundation through grants #1412066 'Dynamics of Large Networks' and #1109367 'Mathematical Analysis of Synchronization'.
* G.S. Medvedev and X. Tang, The Kuramoto model on power law graphs, submitted. arxiv
* H. Chiba and G.S. Medvedev, The mean field analysis of the Kuramoto model on graphs I. The mean field equation and transition point formulas, submitted. arxiv
* D. Kaliuzhnyi-Verbovetskyi and G.S. Medvedev, The semilinear heat equation on sparse random graphs, SIAM J. Math. Anal., 49(2), 1333-1355, 2017. abstract pdf
* G.S. Medvedev and J.D. Wright, Stability of twisted states in the continuum Kuramto model, SIAM J. Appl. Dyn. Syst., 16(1), 188-203, 2017. abstract pdf
* P. Hitczenko and G.S. Medvedev, Stability of equilibria of randomly perturbed maps, Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems - B, 22(2), 2017. abstract pdf
* G.S. Medvedev and X. Tang, Synchronization of coupled chaotic maps, Physica D304-305, pp. 42-51,2015. abstract
* G.S. Medvedev and X. Tang, Stability of twisted states in the Kuramoto model on Cayley and random graphs, Journal of Nonlinear Science, 2015. abstract arxiv
* G.S. Medvedev, The nonlinear heat equation on dense graphs and graph limits, SIAM J. Math. Analysis, 46(4), 2743-2766, 2014. abstract pdf
* G.S. Medvedev, The nonlinear heat equation on W-random graphs, Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis June 2014, Volume 212, Issue 3, pp 781-803, 2014. abstract pdf
* G.S. Medvedev, Small-world networks of Kuramoto oscillators, Physica D 266 (2014), 13-22. abstract arXiv preprint
* P. Hitczenko and G.S. Medvedev, The Poincare map of randomly perturbed periodic motion, J. Nonlin. Sci., Vol. 23(5), pp. 835-861, 2013. (abstract)
* G.S. Medvedev, Stochastic stability of continuous time consensus protocols, SIAM J. Control Optim., Vol. 50, No. 4, pp. 1859-1885, 2012. PDF
* G.S. Medvedev and S. Zhuravytska, The geometry of spontaneous spiking in neuronal networks, J. Nonlinear Sci., 2012. (abstract)
* G.S. Medvedev, Synchronization of coupled limit cycles, J. Nonlinear Sci., Volume 21, Number 3, pp. 441-464, 2011.
Stochastic dynamics out of equilibrium, Insttitut Henri Poincare, Paris, France, June 12-16, 2017
The Mean Field Limit of the Kuramoto Model on Convergent Graph Sequences, SIAM Conference on Applications of Dynamical Systems, Snowbird, UT, May 21-25, 2017
Synchronization of coupled systems: Relating network structure to dynamics, Workshop on synchronization and oscillators with generalized coupling, University of Exeter, April 20-22, 2016
The Kuramoto model on Cayley and random graphs, Ohio State University, January 25-29, 2016 (video)
Last modified May 30, 2017.