Department of Mathematics
3141 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
phone: (215) 895-6612
fax: (215) 895-1582
Office: 292, Korman Center
Georgi Medvedev received Ph.D. in Mathematics from Boston University in 1999. Before coming to Drexel University in 2002, he was a Veblen Research Instructor at Princeton University and at the Institute for Advanced Study.
Dr. Medvedev teaches courses at all levels. He developed an interdisciplinary graduate course MATH 723 Mathematical Neuroscience.
He serves on the editorial board of Discrete and Continous Dynamical Systems (Series B) .
MATH210: Differential Equations
Dr. Medvedev's research interests include dynamical systems, network science, and mathematical biology. He is interested in combinatorial and stochastic aspects of network dynamics and synchronization; effects of noise on dynamics of nonlinear systems; and applications to neuroscience .
Dr. Medvedev's research is sponsored by National Science Foundation Award #1109367
* G.S. Medvedev, Small-world networks of Kuramoto oscillators, Physica D 266 (2014), 13-22. arXiv preprint
* G.S. Medvedev, The nonlinear heat equation on W-random graphs, Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis, accepted, 2013. arXiv preprint
* P. Hitczenko and G.S. Medvedev, The Poincare map of randomly perturbed periodic motion, J. Nonlin. Sci., Vol. 23(5), pp. 835-861, 2013. (abstract)
* G.S. Medvedev, Stochastic stability of continuous time consensus protocols, SIAM J. Control Optim., Vol. 50, No. 4, pp. 1859-1885, 2012. PDF
* G.S. Medvedev and S. Zhuravytska, The geometry of spontaneous spiking in neuronal networks, J. Nonlinear Sci., 2012. (abstract)
* G.S. Medvedev, Synchronization of coupled limit cycles, J. Nonlinear Sci., Volume 21, Number 3, pp. 441-464, 2011.
The geometry of spontaneous spiking in neuronal networks, Math Colloquium, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, March, 2013 (slides)
The Poincare map of randomly perturbed periodic motion, SIAM Conference on Applications of Dynamical Systems, May, 2013 (slides)
Last modified July 3, 2013.