Department of Mathematics
3141 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
phone: (215) 895-6612
fax: (215) 895-1582
Office: 292, Korman Center
Georgi Medvedev received Ph.D. in Mathematics from Boston University in 1999. Before coming to Drexel University in 2002, he was a Veblen Research Instructor at Princeton University and at the Institute for Advanced Study.
Dr. Medvedev teaches courses at all levels. He developed an interdisciplinary graduate course MATH 723 Mathematical Neuroscience.
He serves on the editorial board of Discrete and Continous Dynamical Systems (Series B) .
MATH723: Mathematical Neuroscience
Dr. Medvedev's research interests include dynamical systems, network science, and mathematical biology. He is interested in combinatorial and stochastic aspects of network dynamics and synchronization; effects of noise on dynamics of nonlinear systems; and applications to neuroscience .
Dr. Medvedev's research is sponsored by National Science Foundation through grants #1109367 'Mathematical Analysis of Synchronization' and #1412066 'Dynamics of Large Networks'.
* G.S. Medvedev and X. Tang, Stability of twisted states in the Kuramoto model on Caley and random graphs, submitted, arXiv preprint
* G.S. Medvedev, The nonlinear heat equation on dense graphs and graph limits, SIAM J. Math. Analysis, in press, arXiv preprint
* G.S. Medvedev, The nonlinear heat equation on W-random graphs, Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis June 2014, Volume 212, Issue 3, pp 781-803. (abstract) (arXiv preprint)
* G.S. Medvedev, Small-world networks of Kuramoto oscillators, Physica D 266 (2014), 13-22. abstract arXiv preprint
* P. Hitczenko and G.S. Medvedev, The Poincare map of randomly perturbed periodic motion, J. Nonlin. Sci., Vol. 23(5), pp. 835-861, 2013. (abstract)
* G.S. Medvedev, Stochastic stability of continuous time consensus protocols, SIAM J. Control Optim., Vol. 50, No. 4, pp. 1859-1885, 2012. PDF
* G.S. Medvedev and S. Zhuravytska, The geometry of spontaneous spiking in neuronal networks, J. Nonlinear Sci., 2012. (abstract)
* G.S. Medvedev, Synchronization of coupled limit cycles, J. Nonlinear Sci., Volume 21, Number 3, pp. 441-464, 2011.
Dynamics of large networks, AIMS Conference on Dynamical Systems, Differential Equations and Applications, Madrid, July, 2014 (slides)
The geometry of spontaneous spiking in neuronal networks, Math Colloquium, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, March, 2013 (slides)
The Poincare map of randomly perturbed periodic motion, SIAM Conference on Applications of Dynamical Systems, May, 2013 (slides)
Last modified July 4, 2014.